Punctuation: The Cookie Round

The following sets of punctuation mark submissions are each worth 4 points in the
Quarantine Cup Tournament, mainly due to the subject matter and clever use of story line!

Again, color of the text indicates the color of the team):

I put flour, chocolate chips, and eggs in the chocolate chip cookies.
The cookies weren’t ready yet, so I put them back in the oven.
The cookies, which were warm and gooey, were finally ready.
I did everything that I needed to to prepare for the baking: put my hair up, put on an apron,
and have all of the ingredients. 
Cookie making is not for everyone: they have to know what they are doing and not burn
the cookies!
The cookies that I made were perfect; they had the right amount of crunch. 
I went to get the cookies out of the oven-- and I froze.
I made twenty-four cookies.
She [Jaclyn] made the best cookies in the world. 
Jaclyn Brouwer (2006-present) made amazing chocolate chip cookies.

To make chocolate chip cookies, you must stir in flour, butter, sugar, and salt.

She ran to the store, but they were out of chocolate chip cookies.
Yesterday, because it was raining, we made chocolate chip cookies.
These are the ingredients you need to make cookies: flour, salt, sugar, chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, and eggs.
She likes chocolate chip cookies because: they are delicious, they make a great breakfast,
and they are very good for you.
She likes chocolate chip cookies; he likes sugar cookies.
She went to the cookie jar-- her blood froze-- all the cookies were gone!
She ate one-fifth of the chocolate chip cookies.
She [Sue] didn’t want to eat all of the cookies. Yesterday (when it was dark) we watched a movie and ate chocolate chip cookies.



(You inspired me!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Cup Grammar

A Thank-You to Health Care Workers