Lettuce B. Vegetarian; A Fish Hook; and A Ladder, Saw, Wood Planks and a Lot of Melons



      And finally, for random silliness and/or clever story lines, the following punctuation submissions earn 5 points in the Quarantine Cup. Thanks for making grammar truly entertaining! Though some of you seriously concern me...😄

      😬He walked into the restaurant and sat down--the menu had the all-important fat-free 
               plant based vegetarian burger.
      The manager [Lettuce B. Vegetarian] told me they were a different type of restaurant.
      The ingredients were plants (potato, beetroot, and asparagus).


      😱Joey ate a fishhook, a glow stick, and a banana peel.
      The peel made him sick, so he took some pills.
      The pills, he claims, gave him a headache.
      His symptoms were: headache, nausea, stomach pain, and green skin.
      He went online with one goal: to find a cure.
      His search prevailed; he aimed a fire hydrant and shot it up his nose.
      It didn’t work -- it made him feel sicker -- so he threw it at the wall.
      The wall imploded, and his twenty-eight pound bath tub came crashing down on him from 
           above.
      His neighbor [Jamie] called 911, but it was too late.
      Joey (1987-2020) lived a happy life with his dog, who always slept in the bathtub.


      😄Christmas break is long, but quarantine has been even longer.
      I am tired of being locked up inside, especially with my siblings.
      Some things we have been doing for entertainment are: complaining about boredom, 
               clonking our heads against the walls, and flopping around on the floor.
      Apparently clonking your head against the wall isn't very healthy: you lose several brain 
               cells with every clonk.
      My mom says we need to find something to do; we are driving her crazy.
      ¨Hey guys could we keep the house quiet for a bit so we can finish our--¨ I began.
      ¨AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH¨ the stampede of boys sprinted around the kitchen.
      We should all break out of our houses from 12-4 tonight and have a chocolate chip cookie 
              party.
      She [Mrs Amen] planned a super secret meeting for the class tonight.
      It´s going to be so much fun (if we don't get caught) to see everyone!


      😎I was expecting to have a normal day at school, but then we started painting a bunker.
      Even though it sounds weird, painting the Bunker was the best part of the year.
      I’m not going to have a normal school day: I’m painting a bunker.

      😁In the past week my mom has baked three chocolate cakes, two vanilla cakes, and two 
               dozen cupcakes, but none of them were for me.
      My mom’s obsession with baking cakes has left our kitchen in an eternal state of chaos, and 
               my dad’s obsession with chopping down trees has left our yard quite bare.
      Good thing I was already insane before this quarantine, because I really haven’t changed 
               much.
      In order to get through quarantine, I am going to need: a ladder, a saw, wooden planks, and 
               a lot of melons.
      I don’t think my family realizes how dance on zoom works: they don't seem to get the part 
               about if they make noise and walk in front of the camera, all twenty people on the          
               zoom will notice them.
      It’s 10:48 pm and Peter is playing his trumpet; with the way I’m feeling, I don’t think Peter 
               will live to 10:49.

      😵I have to make a sentence that is amusing, funny, entertaining, unique, other positive 
              adjectives, original, and long enough to be the words above.
      I like cheese, and cheese likes me.
      I like cheese, but only good cheese.
      I made a sentence that is the following: amusing, funny, entertaining, unique, other positive 
              adjectives, original and epic.
      Here’s why I like cheese: it is good, tastes good, looks good on fancy platters at parties, and 
              because I have nothing else to write about.
      I like cheese; cheese likes me.
      I had a realization--I’m running out of cheese sentences!
      I must have twenty-two cheese-related sentences.
      The cheese [cheddar] is very cheesy.
      These cheesy sentences (2020-2020) have lived for too long as it is.

      😓I ate fish, beef, and pork.
      I ran away, and Jack ate fish.
      Yesterday, I ate fish.
      I ate: fish, beef, and pork
      I ate fish: I am making a joke and don't like fish.
      I cooked fish; I ate fish.
      I stood their fork in hand--and ate the fish.
      I said good-bye to the fish.
      I [Sam] forced down the final bit of fish.
      Sam (2005-2020) ate fish.

      TEAM POINTS
      Red Team: 68 points
      Blue Team: 50 points
      Green Team: 63 points
      Orange Team: 48 points

      Comments

      Popular posts from this blog

      Quarantine Cup Grammar

      Punctuation: The Cookie Round

      A Thank-You to Health Care Workers