Final Thoughts from The Hiding Place

I confess to being crabby and overwhelmed sometimes. And then I read the remarkable words of my students and I am renewed. Thank you, LORD, for shining your light through them! As we wrap up the novel, here are some of their final thoughts on The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom:


The Lord is our hiding place and will be our power and shield. He is our assurance and is our joy. The only thing that we need to know in life is that Jesus died on the cross for us and he is our way to heaven. He will give us the strength we need for all the darkness we encounter.  He gives us so many things to be thankful for, and if we look for the opportunities in any situation we can give thanks to him for giving it to us. (Andrew)



One important lesson that I will take away from reading this novel is that God always provides perfect protection for those who love and obey him. It may not always come in a way we want or expect, but God will always protect us. I think that I will be able to apply this to my life by knowing that no matter what trials I face, God will always protect me. It may not be in the way I would like it or think that it should be, but nevertheless God will always protect and care for me. (Clare)



An important lesson I learned from reading this book is to trust in God's timing and to trust that he will give us the strength we need, when we need it. Corrie was good at demonstrating this and remained strong in her faith even when she faced trials. Sometimes I need to remind myself to trust God and his timing, because when I am in a tough situation the last thing we want to do is admit that we are struggling. I also think trusting God will give you strength when you need it, because we don't need to go through life alone and can ask for help or guidance at any time. I like the way Corrie would be in the darkest and lowest times, but still turn to god. Another one of my favorite lessons from the book is to love even though it (sometimes) hurts. I think that this is so important, because we shouldn't let fear keep us from loving others (even if it isn't romantically), because shutting people out will leave us alone. (Lydia H)


I lesson I learned is to trust in God. Even in the terrible times, the ten Booms trust in God and thank him in every circumstance. This has shown me that I shouldn't worry because God has a plan for me. I can also trust that God is my strength and that I shouldn't be afraid of anything, but I should boldly follow what God wants for me in my life. (Jaaron)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Cup Grammar

Punctuation: The Cookie Round

A Thank-You to Health Care Workers