Final-Final Thoughts from The Hiding Place 2

Just a little more inspiration from 8th Grade as the students reflect on The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. I'm blessed to work with such spiritually wise students!


Jesus' will is our hiding place, which means that we should find comfort in knowing that what Jesus has for us
is the right and safest thing. (Lydia H)

I lesson I learned is to trust in God. Even in the terrible times the ten Booms trust in God and thank him in every
circumstance. This has really shown me that I shouldn’t worry because God has a plan for me. I can also trust
that God is my strength and that I shouldn’t be afraid of anything, but I should boldly follow what God wants
for me in my life. (Jaaron)

The main things I learned are that knowledge and wisdom will come with time. I need to trust God, that He will
provide me with the knowledge I need. Also that my faith can be stronger than anything and I should never give
it up. I should love and care for as many people as I can. (Taylor)

In the book, Corrie asks Father about something she is not ready to know. Father asks Corrie to carry his train case,
but when she cannot, he tells her that she is too small to carry the information about the question she asked him.
She is content with his answer. Corrie needed this later in the story when she is taken to Ravensbruck concentration
camp. She does not have to carry the weight of being afraid because she knows it is in God's hands. (Maddie)

An important lesson I learned from this book is that some people have different interpretations of God’s will. The reason I think that is because when Corrie lied because God loves life, Nollie told the truth because God wants people to tell the truth. God protected both of them and never abandoned either one in their whole journey. I realize now that even when people have different views on God’s plan for us, he loves us no matter what. I think it is important for more people to learn that because people of different denominations fight about different views when God loves everyone who believes in Him. (Maddie)

I think the most important lesson I will take away from this book, would be about Karel. Corrie loved him, but he married somebody else. I now understand that I must turn to God when I feel that it is impossible to love someone who has done wrong toward me. God loves in a way that is not human; it is so powerful and overlooks people’s mistakes, I want to love people in this way. This has also taught me not to be selfish and instead to care about others, especially when they have done wrong. God loves me with a powerful and everlasting love, and this is the type of love I want to show to others. (Juli)


Always trust God to do what is best for you. No matter what happened to Corrie and Betsie, it was for the best.
He turned the lice in the barracks into a way to openly spread the Gospel because the guards wouldn't enter the room.
He is God. He is good. There is nothing that He does that is wrong. There is no situation in which we know better
than the one that made us, sustains us, and sacrifices Himself for us. I will take away a sense of fearful awe
and worship for God and a constant trust in the one and only true God. (Jack)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Cup Grammar

Punctuation: The Cookie Round

A Thank-You to Health Care Workers