Acts of Kindness

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, 
and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
                                                           Daniel 12:3

The first person to bring a Christmas Tree into a house, in the way we know it today, may have been the 16th century German preacher Martin Luther. A story is told that, one night before Christmas, he was walking through the forest and looked up to see the stars shining through the tree branches. It was so beautiful, that he went home and told his children that it reminded him of Jesus, who left the stars of heaven to come to earth at Christmas. The lights on the tree strung together, shining like the stars. Just as everything we do in the spirit of kindness and generosity spreads light.

We are rising to the challenge of shining like stars, grateful for opportunities to reach out to others in kindness.
  • I helped my little sister and gave her breakfast so that my parents could stay in bed a little longer.
  • I helped clean others dishes.
  • I am writing encourage notes to others.
  • For my act of kindness I helped my parents with a big Christmas party they had. We had about 70 people at our house and I helped my parents clean, make food and serve the food to everyone. 
  • One way I stepped out with kindness was I helped friends of the family throw a Christmas party by serving and helping clean up. 
  • I did my chores without complaining (even piano!) and helped my parents clean when people came over.
  • My act of kindness this weekend was going out of my way to help my brother by getting a heating wrap ready for him to help with the pain of his sore ear. 
  • The kind thing I did was help my grandparents load their luggage into our house and then back to their car again when they left. I also helped walk them to their car, as our driveway was icy.
  • I helped my friend who was in a cast get food in line when I was in my church retreat.
  • I babysat for my aunt and uncle event though I wanted to do other stuff.
  • My church youth group had an all-nighter. When everyone was dead and the youth pastors all wanted to die, I stayed and helped tear down.
  • When I was going to Advisory, I went and helped Mrs. Jelgerhuis distribute papers in mailboxes.
  • I babysat my sister for 3 hours.
  • My mom had to work really late last night so I cleaned the house up for her.
  • I cheered on my sister in her play.
  • I volunteered to help clean the house instead of the cleaning lady doing it.
  • I taped my brother's entire Christmas program, even though my arm went dead. That way my dad, who is out of town, could see it.








So many small lights strung together! LORD, help us to see the needs around us and then give us the strength of character to act! 


Please join us! Send a comment with a description of a kind act you have witnessed, received, or given. We would love to post your stories on our blog to grow in the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Cup Grammar

Punctuation: The Cookie Round

A Thank-You to Health Care Workers